Friday, May 04, 2007


Finally had a chance to try the Columbia 26 and YES on Lake Pelican. The water is up almost a foot so the time was right. Been waiting since last September. Liz knew I was determined to try it out last Saturday since I had been working on it for a few days. The conditions got perfect about 4PM and we hauled it over to the State Park landing. After putting up the mast, we backed down the ramp and I put the Tundra in the water farther than it is supposed to go. (I'm sure!!!) The boat had to be pushed off, but we were determined to sail it-- RIGHT!!! Since the wind had began to come up again (higher than I like) we motored over to a sheltered area, dropped anchor, and put up the sails. NOW I AM PUMPED!!! We sailed and sailed for almost 3 hours on Pelican, one end of the lake to the other. If I only get one chance to sail that boat, I will be totally happy.
We had one of our best times EVER sailing... right here at HOME. Trying to get off the lake was a different story. Although the wind went down, trying to get it back on the trailer was a real struggle. I had to (again) back way deep into the lake to get the trailer under the boat. We worked it out, but we will probably try Kampeska next time.

No comments: